Nik Nur
Kemain panjang tajuk.

Back to 2011 again. I was looking for the reviews on what mommies have experienced when they were admitted to the hospital for giving birth. Ya of course lah I saw many reviews on private hospital like Gleneagles, Ampang Puteri, SDMC and bla bla. I cannot afford that. And the reviews on gov hospital most of it not sounds good. A lot of complain, the nurses are rude, the food are bad, the facilities are poor and the list goes on.

Well, I don't have many choices. I had to choose either gov hospital or gov hospital. :) You know, welcoming the new member costs you thousands already. Her cot, bedding set, diapers, toiletries, bath tub, baby gear, blanket, napkin, breastpump, storage bottle, sterilizer, warmer, stroller, car seat and lots more. Day 1 shopping already spent almost RM2k. And that's not all, that's only 40% and that's on discount and that's not branded. See?

So, we decided to give birth at Hospital Ampang. Well, I'm going to do this like this;
  1. Registration - at 5am, it's only took us less than 15 minutes to register. It's easy. And they give you wheel chair and send you straight to the labour room. 4 star.
  2. First check at labour room - they asked me to change. Young female doctor and a nurse checked my opening. The doctor was being gentle on me. Polite. It still hurt though. But not that much that you want to scream like mad. I was just 'uh uh uh'. So, 4 star for the doctor and the nurse, and the facilities.
  3. Waiting ward - 5 and a half hour in waiting ward. 6 patients/bed per ward. Not that bad as the room is big enough to occupy 6 bed. Not crowded at all. The toilet is just OK. Clean but not comfy. The nurses are OK, some are a bit harsh, some are very nice and gentle. The doctors are most of it a junior. They have senior doctors but most of it only for serious cases and to supervise the juniors. But they visited every patient, asking the junior on their diagnosis and corrected them (in a high voice) if the diagnosis was wrong. You will feel a bit distracted when you've been crowded with 6-7 doctors around you. So, 3 star for the ward, 2 star for the toilet, 3 star for the doctor and nurses.
  4. Labour room - I was in the labour room from 1pm to 4.45pm to 6pm. Through out the process (of waiting the opening to be 10cm, pushing time) the nurses and doctors were being nice to me. Despite me being - doctor, tolong lah saya dah tahan sangat dah ni - nurse tolong lah check lagi saya rasa dah 10cm dah ni (checked, and it still 5cm) - uh ah uh ah - gunting je doctor, saya tak kesah sakit sangat ni - kaki ke depan ke belakang pusing sana pusing sini - mintak ceaser (gile apa aku nih) - the doctors and nurses still treat me well. So, 4.5 star to them. They served me a slice of cake and a warm water just after the me giving birth. I was handed my baby to feed within 30 minutes or so. So, 5 star for this.
  5. Post deliver ward - I was sent to 4 bedded ward. The ward was nice, spacious and very clean. They have 2 toilets in one ward (4 bedded ward). That was nice! They clean and comfort too. Spacious too. The locker was huge enough to store my belonging. The nurses are nice. And most importantly they are baby friendly too. They support breastfeeding. Taught me how to successfully breastfeed, how to pump, how to storing breastmilk, how frequent to feed and all. I'm giving them 5 star!
  6. Fees - RM 40 plus ringgit. Forget already. But I kept the receipt and i'll post it here later. 5 star!
Worthy isn't it?


Share
6 Responses
  1. iammabelle Says:

    Hello dear. Thank you for your blog post. May I ask how to get admitted to hospital ampang? Do they have specialty clinic where I can have my monthlu check


  2. Must u stay nearby only u are able to admit to hospital ampang?


  3. Unknown Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  4. Unknown Says:

    Thanks for sharing such a nice information with users about Delivery Bed. Keep posting !!!


  5. Unknown Says:

    Hi I just want too know how much cost for normal delivery for foreigner


  6. Unknown Says:

    Hello ann. I saw ur question here and i presumed u must have put to bed. I have same question. Whats the cost for fouriener pls? My email is sharonoma@yahoo.com if u dont mind replying me. Thanks


Post a Comment

Pages